Not the typical post I share, but these products are affordable and have made my life a little less stressful this year, so thought I might share. Here is a list of some of the go-to body products I discovered in 2018 that have become a staple in my life. I am on a budget, while I do some freelance work, my income is usually less than $300 per month. My primary job focus is being a stay home mom (in a cool don’t mess with my cubs kind of way). That said, a girl has needs!
I would love to go bananas on expensive creams and salves that will melt way fine lines and give my face the appearance of twenty-year-old. Apparently, those things exist? I don’t have $75 to spend on 1oz of face cream though. Here are my favorite body products and links to find them on Amazon though you can usually find them almost anywhere.
- Face Wash: Woods Black Soap Liquid Facial Cleanser is $15 for two 8oz bottles of face wash. I keep one in my gym bag and one in my home shower. The smell is clean and herbal, it is not too drying, and I notice any blemishes are healed quickly when I use this on my back, neck, or anywhere that needs it. I have been using this for over a year now and keep coming back to it.
- Neck Firming Cream: Gold Bond Neck and Face Firming costs $9.50 for 2oz. I just started using this about a month ago and have recently noticed a difference. I am constantly looking down when I write, read, play with my phone, and I started to notice wrinkles on my neck. The lotion goes on thicker than face lotion; I don’t use it every day per their suggestion; however, I have noticed results nonetheless and plan to stick with it.
- Body Lotion: Sometimes I will make my own concoction of shea butter and coconut oil that goes on thick and greasy, but gets the job done. My day to day however is Aveeno Overnight Cream, which I use day or night on myself and the kids. It soaks in fast, doesn’t have much of a scent, and I can buy three 7.3 oz bottles for under $23 when I use Amazon’s Subscribe and Save option.
- Sunscreen: We are outdoors a lot, so I wanted something good, minus a ton of chemicals. Banana Boat Sun Screen Spray for Kids at 50-SPF wins for us. It goes on quick and easy, smells nice, and doesn’t have a ton of nasty stuff in it. Check with EWG and see if it meets your needs.
- Mascara: I am the girl who can drop mad dough on makeup; no problem. There are still some items I do, however, my favorite mascara is Maybelline Full n’ Soft in Black. It adds volume, doesn’t bleed to the under the eye area, and is washable (though comes in waterproof also). It’s like $5! I was spending six times this amount easily. Never again.
- Hair Products: Not Your Mothers is my new favorite brand for all hair care. This includes shampoo, conditioner, dry shampoo, and mousse. Their dry shampoo has saved my life. Sometimes showers are hard to sneak in, spray this in my hair, and I’m covered for more than two days! I get the tinted one for brunettes, it might go on a little powdery at first, but that seems to dissipate as wear goes on. The smell is not overpowering, which is what I have found with similar products.
There are other products that I keep returning to, but these are the ones that I discovered in 2018 and wanted to share with you all. Some products may seem simple because you can pick them up at any drugstore. I’m not sure about you, but the search for the perfect products is time consuming, frustrating, and can get expensive. Spending a lot of money stresses, me out, so I look for the best alternatives to products that cost $$$ and promise the world.
Have you found any amazing body products in 2018? Don’t keep it a secret!